What should I do if I am arrested on federal crime charges?

If you are arrested for a federal crime you need to contact an attorney that specializes in federal criminal defense immediately! The federal system is much more complex and formal than the state court. You will need someone to guide you through the process and protect your rights.

Do not answer any questions without an attorney present. The police will tell you that if you cooperate they will cut you a deal Police officers have no authority to do that. Only the Attorney General can make decisions regarding the filing of your case.

Once you speak with the attorney, they will assist you in how to proceed.

Posted in: Federal Offenses