What should I do if I get a traffic ticket/violation?

If you do not want to dispute the traffic violation you receive, you should pay it right away to avoid a license suspension. Paying the ticket will place points on your license. If you want to avoid the points you may be able to elect traffic school and avoid a hearing.

If you want to dispute the ticket, you need to let the clerk known right away so that they can schedule a court date. If you hire an attorney they will take care of this for you. If you fail to notify the clerk that you want to challenge the ticket you will lose your right to do so and your license may be suspended for failing to timely pay the citation.

If you are choosing to fight the ticket it is better to hire an experienced traffic attorney than to try to fight the citation yourself.

Posted in: Traffic Offenses