If you have been arrested in the Orlando area for a violation of Title 18, Section 1030 of the USC that governs fraud and related activity connected with computers, the aggressive attorneys of Finebloom & Haenel are available to fight for you!
There are several parts to this section of the federal law. Overall, it is illegal to use your computer and/or internet connection to:
- access restricted government files;
- to access bank records that you are not authorized to access;
- to transmit viruses or harmful information to another computer or server;
- to use your computer and/or internet connection to try to obtain funds or property that are not yours;
- or to use your computer and/or internet to try to defraud another person in any way.
If you violate this section of the law, you can face up to 10 years in prison for a first offense. A second offense is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. In addition there may be civil fines and penalties. The government may also confiscate your computer and all related equipment.
At the law offices of Finebloom & Haenel we can protect your rights from this accusation. Our attorneys care about the clients we represent and we work hard to obtain the best outcome for you. We have the time, experience and resources necessary to craft the perfect defense for you. Call us now for a consultation. We are available by phone 24/7 to discuss the options with you. Call 407-218-6277 and talk with an experienced attorney today!