Orlando Sex Crimes Defense
In modern U.S. society, sex crimes are among the most stigmatized infractions any individual may commit. Orlando sex crime laws reflect the severe stance society takes with regard to these crimes and their perpetrators. In fact, sex crimes are some of the only crimes in which criminal punishment extends beyond the court-mandated fines, jail time or other requirements. Convicted sex criminals, no matter how minor the infraction, face a lifetime of having to register as a sex offender and, in some cases, notify their new neighbors with each relocation they undertake.
The classification of sex crime include a number of infractions, such as:
– Rape, sexual assault or battery
– Forced prostitution or human trafficking
– Child sexual abuse, molestation, fondling or exploitation
– Child pornography
– Statutory rape or unlawful sexual acts with a minor
– Solicitation of a prostitute or sex worker
– Date rape
– Indecent exposure or exhibitionism
– Lewd or lascivious behavior
Being accused of a sex crime is an extremely serious matter, and defense against these accusations requires early intervention of a qualified Orlando sex crimes defense attorney with notable legal canny. Our sex crime attorneys at Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins know exactly how to deal with these complex but sensitive issues.
In Orlando, the criminal justice system universally favors the accuser in instances of sex crime allegations. However, at Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we know that in many cases extenuating circumstances are involved, such as:
– False charges being brought by the accuser to cover up a consensual sex act that may have been embarrassing or damaging to the accuser
– False charges being brought by the accuser to punish or damage the reputation of the accused
– In instances where electronic evidence is presented, the computers or other devices may have been illegally confiscated or the material misleading placed by a third party
– Alleged victims, especially easily impressionable children, may have been conditioned to provide testimony that does not accord with real events due to a condition known as “false memory syndrome.”
Our Orlando sex crime defense attorneys are trained and experienced in all aspects of Florida sex crimes law. We know how to spot the inconsistencies in an accuser’s story, and we know how to present a winning case to a jury. We will exhaustively examine the evidence and other factors at play and provide you with aggressive, competent legal defense. Call our offices today for a free evaluation of your case, during which one of our attorneys will listen to your story and provide you with your legal options. There is no obligation with this consultation, and it is the first invaluable step you will take in defending against a potentially damaging sex crime accusation.
Below you will find more information Sex Crimes that we offer services for :