If you have been arrested in the Orlando area for a violation under Title 18, Section 521 the criminal street gang law, call the attorneys of Finebloom & Haenel now to discuss your rights under the law!
“conviction” includes a finding, under State or Federal law, that a person has committed an act of juvenile delinquency involving a violent or controlled substances felony.
Under the law, a “criminal street gang” means an ongoing group, club, organization, or association of 5 or more persons:
- that has as 1 of its primary purposes the commission of 1 or more federal felonies:
- involving controlled substances; or
- a federal felony that is a crime of violence that has an element of the use or attempted use of force against another person; or
- conspiracy to commit a crime of these types.
- the members of which engage, or have engaged within the past 5 years, in a continuing series of offenses described above
- the activities of which affect interstate or foreign commerce.
The sentence of a person convicted of involvement in a criminal street gang shall be increased by up to 10 years if the offense is committed under certain circumstances.
The Federal government sees these types of activity as a threat to the safety of all people in the United States. These crimes are aggressively prosecuted and can result in lengthy sentences. Often co-defendants are offered deals to incriminate one person of interest. Protect your rights!
Call the attorneys with the experience and dedication needed to fight your case. Call Finebloom & Haenel now! Our experienced defense team is available to fight for you. We are available 24/7 to consult with you. Call 407-218-6277 now to discuss your options.