If you have been arrested in the Orlando area and accused of the federal crime of economic espionage in violation of Title 18, Section 1831 of the USC, call the zealous advocates of Finebloom & Haenel today!
The economic espionage laws are in place to protect companies from having employees come to work for them with the intent to learn all of the company’s secrets to give to another company. The law reads as follows:
“Whoever, intending or knowing that the offense will benefit any foreign government, foreign instrumentality, or foreign agent, knowingly—
(1) steals, or without authorization appropriates, takes, carries away, or conceals, or by fraud, artifice, or deception obtains a trade secret;
(2) without authorization copies, duplicates, sketches, draws, photographs, downloads, uploads, alters, destroys, photocopies, replicates, transmits, delivers, sends, mails, communicates, or conveys a trade secret;
(3) receives, buys, or possesses a trade secret, knowing the same to have been stolen or appropriated, obtained, or converted without authorization;
(4) attempts to commit any offense described in any of paragraphs (1) through (3); or
(5) conspires with one or more other persons to commit any offense described in any of paragraphs (1) through (3), and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy,
shall, except as provided in subsection (b), be fined not more than $500,000 or imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.”
This means if you go to work for a company with the sole intent to steal all of their secrets, or if you intentionally steal their secrets with the intent to give them to someone else, you can serve 15 years in a Federal prison and pay a $500,000 fine.
The penalties for this crime are severe and the government takes the charge very seriously! Don’t delay! Call the experienced attorneys of Finebloom & Haenel today. Our fine attorneys are dedicated and experienced. They will not rest until they design the defense plan that will provide the best outcome for your situation. Call Finebloom & Haenel today! We are available 24/7 for a free consultation at 407-218-6277.