If you were caught driving in the Orlando area and received a charge for Driving on a Suspended License in violation of Florida Statute 322.34 you will need aggressive attorneys to fight for you. The experienced attorneys of Finebloom & Haenel can provide that defense for you.
There are two types of driving on suspended license charges. One is driving on a suspended license without knowledge. This is a civil citation punishable by a fine.
The second is driving on a suspended license with knowledge. This is a criminal traffic charge.
- A first conviction is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by up to 60 days in jail.
- A second conviction is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable by up to one year in jail.
- A third or subsequent conviction is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable by up to five years in the Florida Department of Corrections.
There are several reasons that your license can be suspended. The most common reasons are:
- Failing to pay court costs
- Falling behind in child support
- If you are convicted of drug charges your license will be suspended
- Failing to maintain insurance
If you have been arrested or if you have been given a ticket for driving on a suspended license, call us now at 407-218-6277. The attorneys of Finebloom & Haenel have years of experience defending drivers. We can tailor a defense for you. Call us now, we are available 24/7 to speak with you.