If you have been arrested in the Orlando area for a violation of 893.135(1)(c) of the Florida Statutes as they relate to trafficking in opiates, then the law offices of Finebloom & Haenel can help you!
Trafficking charges are a serious offense. Depending on the amount of opiate you are caught with the minimum mandatory sentences can be quite severe. MANATORY SENTENCES ARE DAY FOR DAY! There is no gain time!! The mandatory sentences for this offense are as follows:
- If you have at least 4 grams of an opiate but less than 14 grams, the minimum sentence is 3 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.
- If you have at least 14 grams of an opiate but less than 28 grams, then the minimum mandatory sentence is 15 years in prison and a $100,000 fine.
- If you have at least 28 grams of an opiate, but less than 30 kilograms then the minimum sentence is 25 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.
- If you have between 30 an 60 kilograms of opiate then the sentence is life! Unless a death occurs during the transport, sale or delivery in which case it becomes a capital felony punishable by death.
- If you have 60 kilograms or more of an opiate then it is a capital felony punishable by death.
As you can see this is a very serious accusation! In addition to the jail time and the large fines, you will also become a convicted felony losing your civil liberties such as the right to vote and carry a firearm. You will be ineligible for public assistance and student loans. You will also lose your driver’s license for a 2 year period.
At the law office of Finebloom & Haenel our attorneys have over 30 years of experience in criminal law. We know the drug laws and we can custom tailor a defense for you. Our attorneys are available 24/7 for consultation. Our qualified attorneys can protect your rights. Call the law offices of Finebloom & Haenel at 407-218-6277 today!