If you have been arrested in the Orlando area for trafficking in heroin in violation of Florida Statute 893.135 hire a skilled and aggressive defense team NOW! The law offices of Finebloom & Haenel have an experienced and aggressive defense team standing by to help you!
Trafficking charges are very serious no matter which drug you are accused of trafficking. But the State of Florida considers heroin to be one of the most dangerous drugs and they are very aggressive in their prosecutions of this crime. Trafficking charges are determined by the amount of heroin you possess. There are several categories of trafficking in heroin:
- If you have between 4 grams and 14 grams, it is a first degree felony punishable by at least 3 years day for day and a fine of $50,000.
- If you have between 14grams and 28 grams, it is a first degree felony punishable by a minimum of 15 years day for day and a $100,000 fine.
- If you have between 28 grams and 30 kilograms of heroin, it is a first degree felony punishable by at least 25 years in prison day for day and a fine of $500,000.
- If you are caught with between 30 kilograms and 60 kilograms the charge is a life felony. This means you must serve at least 30 years day for day and you could spend the rest of your days in prison. If you have this amount and a death occurs during the sale, distribution of transport then it is considered a capital felony and you could face the death penalty.
- If you have more than 60 kilograms, it is a capital felony punishable by death.
As you can see, this is not a charge to be taken lightly. In addition to any jail time, you may be subject to forfeiture of cars, money, bank accounts and property. The State may also ask for a Nebia (or Nebbia) hearing before you bond to prove the funds you are using to get out of jail were not a result of a drug transaction.
These cases are complex and can cause you your money, your home and possibly even your life. Do not depend on an inexperienced or overworked attorney to adequately represent you. Hire the law offices of Finebloom & Haenel. We have a dedicated defense team consisting of former public defenders and prosecutors. Our attorneys know the system and we will aggressively fight for you. We are available 24/7 to consult with you. Call us now at 407-218-6277 and let us start working a defense plan for you!