The Experienced DUI Defense Lawyers – Orlando Office
The DUI Defense attorneys at Finebloom and Haenel have defended thousands of DUI cases for clients in and around the Orlando region. Practicing and focused on Florida state law and how it pertains to DUI, our lawyers have encountered a multitude of case variables and resulting case outcomes. In many cases, we our DUI attorneys find themselves working to attain the absolute minimum sentencing and corresponding fines for our DUI clients.
DUI Conviction in Orlando – 5 Mandatory Minimum Punishments
If a driver is convicted of DUI in or near Orlando, there are certain minimum consequences prescribed by Florida state law. According to the legal statutes posted by the Florida State Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, a DUI conviction is will result in the following:
- 1. Mandatory Fines:
- First Conviction: Not less than $500, With Blood/Breath Alcohol Level (BAL) of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not less than $1,000
- Second Conviction: Not less than $1,000, With BAL of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not less than $2,000
- 2. Mandatory Community Service:
- First Conviction: Mandatory 50 hours of community service or additional fine of $10 for each hour of community service required.
- 3. Mandatory Probation:
- First conviction, total period of probation and incarceration may not exceed 1 year
- 4. Mandatory Prison Sentencing:
At the Orlando court’s discretion, sentencing terms may be served in an approved residential alcohol or drug abuse treatment facility and credited toward term of imprisonment.
- First Conviction: Not more than 6 months. With BAL of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not more than 9 months.
- Second Conviction: Not more than 9 months. With BAL of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not more than 12 months. If second conviction within 5 years, mandatory imprisonment of at least 10 days. At least 48 hours of confinement must be consecutive.
- 5. Mandatory Impoundment or Immobilization of Vehicle:
Unless the family of the defendant has no other transportation:
- First conviction = 10 days;
- Second conviction within 5 years = 30 days
- Impoundment or immobilization must not occur concurrently with incarceration. The court may dismiss the order of impoundment of any vehicles that are owned by the defendant if they are operated solely by the employees of the defendant or any business owned by the defendant
Orlando DUI Defense Attorneys – Finebloom and Haenel
Due to Finebloom and Haenel’s extensive experience and presence in and around the Orlando court circuit, we are proud of a proven track record of favorable outcomes for those charged with DUI. We are passionate about our DUI case defense and will work tenaciously to keep any consequences at the minimum levels. An inexperienced DUI attorney who mishandles your case may cause you to receive fines and sentencing terms much more severe than the minimums outlined above. Don’t let this happen to you! Call Finebloom and Haenel today and ensure that experienced, competent lawyers handle your Orlando DUI!