Finebloom and Haenel’s law office in Orlando is comprised of DUI Defense lawyers serving those charged with DUI in or near the Orlando are.
The following outlines a battery of different tests that Orlando area law enforcement may use to determine whether or not a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle is impaired and whether or not to arrest the driver and charge him or her with DUI.
Field Sobriety Tests – These tests are administered to help an officer determine if the driver shows consistent signs of intoxication
- Recite the Alphabet / Recite the Alphabet backwards (from Z to A)
- Walk a Straight Line
- Stand straight, with both feet together.
- Raise your right leg, put it down, and then raise your right leg.
- Tilt your head back; then touch your index finger to your nose.
Chemical Tests – These tests determine your official BAC and results are admissible in court. Refusal of the chemical test carries strict consequences. If this is your first offense, it’s very likely that submitting to the test and failing will still yield consequences less severe than refusing the test outright.
- Portable Breathalyzer – Breath Test conducted on the road prior to an arrest.
- Intoxilyzer 8000 Breath Test – The computer unit at the police station used to test breath and generate official BAC results
- Blood Test – A blood sample may be drawn at the request of the person being arrested. Blood tests may only be performed by certified medical personnel. This also tests BAC.
- Urine Test – Police may administer a urine test if they suspect impairment due to an illicit substance other than alcohol. Urine will be screened for illegal drugs as well as prescription painkillers. Driving under the impairment of these substances still constitutes terms for DUI charges. Urine screening may also be used as a substitute if the police station’s breath analyzer is not functioning properly.
Orlando’s DUI Defense Attorneys – Defending Drivers Arrested for DUI
The Orlando DUI lawyers of Finebloom and Haenel offer prospective clients the benefits and knowledge of over 20 years of experience working in the local court circuit. Our attorneys focus their practice on the area of DUI Defense. Our reputation in the Orlando court circuit enables us t fight and negotiate successfully on the behalf of our DUI clients. If you or someone you know is charged with DUI near Orlando, call the DUI Defense lawyers at Finebloom and Haenel today!